We have more than 200 car washes and service workshops. Our stations offer a wide range of food products, and their safety goes without saying. We offer clean and inviting premises and facilities.,Station staff are trained to provide good customer service. A county-by-county station overview is provided via the Esso Fuel Finder.
On the Run
Our On the Run shops offer a varied range of food products which are prepared on the spot.
- Fresh food regardless of when you pop in
- A seating area where you can enjoy your purchases
- Friendly staff in inviting and spacious premises
Concept and history
- Easily accessible parking
- Card readers on all the pumps
- All fuel qualities from the pumps
- Well-designed shops
- A spacious layout makes shopping speedy
- Efficient working procedures to serve you as quickly as possible
- Preparing food on the spot means it is always fresh
- Big range of food, from salads and sandwiches to hamburgers and Roller King pizzas
- Good hygiene routines and food safety - obviously
- Clean and attractive dining areas
- Good service - being an Esso customer will make your day a little better!
- Freedom to choose products
- Open around the clock
The first Esso service stations in Norway were built in the 1920s. In those days, they only sold oil products. The trend towards shop sales began in the 1970s, and the stations acquired a complete range of kiosk products. Hot dogs and other fast food were introduced in the 1980s, followed by groceries in the 1990s. People could find most of the things they needed at the service station, combined with good service and often with 24-hour opening.
The aim has been to offer our customers a shopping experience which meets modern consumer requirements. A broad range, fresh quality products, easy access and fast, friendly service are what today’s customer has asked us to give them, and these are what we deliver in our On the Run shops.
The first On the Run station opened at Vestby near Oslo in 2001, and this concept won the Convenience Store Chain of the Year award for 2003 from the well-known Convenience Store Decisions Magazine trade journal in the USA. We had 45 On the Run stations in Norway by mid 2009.
We offer two different kind of customer cards: company cards and private cards.
The Esso Company Card is intended for our business customers, with the Esso Diesel Express card offered to companies involved in long-distance and heavy transport. We offer competitive fuel prices throughout our network, and a card agreement with Esso can be tailored to your needs.
With the Esso MasterCard you can buy products and services and receive up to 40 days interest-free credit. The card is valid worldwide.